Welcome to Herb & Thelma’s!
Herb & Thelma’s has been serving the best Burgers and Coldest Beer for the Northern Kentucky community and travelers from all over, for 78 years! We buy all of our products locally and our Hamburger Patties are made fresh daily! Below is a timeline and brief history of Herb & Thelma’s!
In November of 1939, Henry “Heine” Boehmker and his wife Marie, pictured above, opened Heine’s Tavern at 718 Pike St in the Lewisburg neighborhood of Covington, KY.
In 1965, 26 years after opening, Heine’s Son and Daughter-in-Law, Herb and Thelma, buy Heine’s Tavern from Marie and rename it Herb n Thelma’s Tavern.
In June of 1969, Herbert “Chip” Boehmker begins working at Herb & Thelma’s and 13 years later, in 1982 he takes over Herb n Thelma’s.
In 2012, after 30 years of owning and running Herb n Thelma’s, Chip retires and sells the Tavern to noted Beer Historian , Richard Ritchie.
On January 1st, 2015, The Fessler’s become the owners of Herb & Thelma’s and are currently running it today with the help of Family and Friends!